EPSG undertakes regular research and reports its activities on a regular basis!
EPSG in the News
Calgary Herald, August 30 2019: Study shows that 2SLGBTQIA+ seniors worry about housing discrimination – “In August, Williams and some of her friends from the Rainbow Elders, a group for 2SLGBTQIA+ seniors who work to provide a safe space for the Calgary community, were on the cover of the Kerby Centre’s newsletter.”
For a number of years the Edmonton Pride Seniors Group having been looking both at housing needs and issues for members of the Pride Community as they age. In 2017, the Group engaged the services of Communitas to look at the feasibility of developing housing options for their community.
2019 Tri-City Report
The organizations working for older 2SLGBTQIA+ persons in the three cities of Winnipeg, Saskatoon and Edmonton are submitting a proposal with the objective of addressing/preventing social isolation of 2SLGBTQIA+ older adults. This will be accomplished through community-based engagement projects. Documents include: Tri-City Federal Proposal, Tri-City Proposal Summary, and Tri-City Proposal – Notes From First Edmonton Reflection.
This report presents findings from the 2SLGBTQIA+ (2 spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual) Adult Housing Needs Assessment. The report is prepared for Daybreak Non-Profit Housing and the study received funding from the Ontario Trillium Foundation. The purpose of the needs assessment was to examine the housing and support needs of 2SLGBTQIA+ adults who have experienced homelessness. It is an important area of research, as there is a dearth of information on the topic and it is not known if 2SLGBTQIA+ adults feel supported in the current homeless and housing system.
- 2019 Sharp Foundation: Aging in the LBGTQ+ Community – Housing Needs Assessment. Fostering a Culture of Respect and Inclusion
- 2018 Older Adult Council of Calgary Reports on Older Adults
- Older Adults – Who is at Greatest Risk for Poverty?
- Affordability of Services for Older Adults, Especially for Those with Low and Middle Incomes
- Older Adults and Homelessness
- Older Adults, Pensions, and Income Support
- Strengthening Integrated Care and Housing for Older Adults with Mental Health Issues
- Strengthening Outreach and Health Services for Older Adults with Mental Health Issues
- 2017-18 Intergenerational Dialogue
- Pride Intergenerational Dialogue Report, November 2017 – Creating Safer LGBTQ2S+ Spaces “A long journey into light” by Ann Goldblatt November 2017
- Summary Report, Second Pride Intergenerational Dialogue, August 14, 2018 – Creating Safer LGBTQ2S+ Spaces “Second Pride Intergenerational Dialogue May 5/18” by Ann Goldblatt August 14, 2018
- 2015 Needs Assessment