Please look through the many things we do using the menu on the left!
EPSG has a number of on-going activities:
- Provide training on Queer seniors for front line staff in senior centres, programs, and seniors’ housing
- Advocate to governments, government departments and political parties
- Research the issues and concerns affecting 2SLGBTQIA+ seniors
- Educate the 2SLGBTQIA+ community about seniors’ programs and services
- Develop new programs
- And reaches out to and listens to older 2SLGBTQIA+ marginalized persons, such as two-spirit, trans, immigrants, and others.
Our plans for 2019/20 are:
- Phase 1 and 2 of a Housing Feasibility Study for older LGBTQ2S+ persons
- Tri-city Proposal to Engage LGBTQ2S+ Older Adults in Reducing Social Isolation, (Winnipeg, Saskatoon, Edmonton)
Our past initiatives include:
- 2014/15 Survey of older Queer people in Edmonton
- 2015 Symposium on those survey results and follow-up actions
- Completed two Intergenerational Projects (Knowledge to Action) which includes official reports, a booklet, and video